Monday, February 14, 2011

Moose Birthday

Happy Valentine’s Day ya’ll!!

I don’t think I was meant to stamp today, everything was going wrong. I decided to make a card for a sketch challenge SK021211 at Paper Craft Planet. I picked out the dp I wanted to use for the sketch, and wanted to do some sewing on it, first I had to thread the needle on the sewing machine, which I have been trying to do for the last three days, on the first day my needle threader fell apart, I think they should make the needles with much bigger holes. For the past two days, I spent time trying to get that stupid thread to go through the eye, until I would get frustrated, which didn’t take very long. I finally got the needle threaded, YEAH! I started to sew the center layer, and the dad gum card got stuck in one place, somehow the thread got wrapped around the foot. So guess what? You guessed it the thread broke and the needle is unthreaded again! So much for sewing on a card today, I tossed those pieces aside, the paper pieces that is, the sewing machine almost got tossed too.

Then I picked out some more dp put it together, chose the Clear Dollar Stamp set Moose Friends, and  stamped the image and sentiment on white cardstock, colored with prismacolored pencils and goo gone, stippled tumbled glass for the sky, cut out and embossed with a nesties oval. I decided to touch up the eyes with a black glaze pen, I screwed that up, so I covered the boo boo with mini brads, now the moose looks like it’s wearing sunglasses. The oval is layered on the same brown I used for the base card and the layer for the checked paper. Before attaching the oval, I decided to do some paper piercing, the checked piece was first, I went all the way around, everything was fine, but then I decided to do that dumb squiggly thing. It just looked like a piece of paper with a bunch of holes all over it, so I went dot to dot with a black pen. I should have left that squiggly part off completely. I then paper pierced the corners, which thankfully I didn’t mess up. Thanks for looking, I’d love to hear your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments brighten my day.