Sunday, February 6, 2011

Mini Cabin

Here is another card for the Clearly Inspired Challenge for February at Clear Dollar Stamps, find out more about it here.

For this card I chose the CDS set Mini Silhouette Scapes (another unused set) and the sentiment is from a CDS set Terrific Little Tree.

In trying to figure out how to work this I first cut the small oval with a Quick Kutz die called Nameplates, with white cardstock, I had already decided to use the blue checked dp, the dark blue paper and vinyl ribbon, but hadn’t decided what else to use with it. Next, the moon was stamped with versamark and I embossed with clear detail ep, then the tree line was added, by stamping with versamark and embossing with detail black ep, then the cabin was added the same way. Next I chose to add some clouds by the moon, they were also stamped with versamark but this time I used detail white ep. The sky was sponged with stormy sky distress ink, and for the ground a combination of old paper and pumice stone distress inks.  By this time, I had a decision to make on my layering color, it was a toss up of white and beige. I cut my second oval with the nameplate die in white, then decided to layer the other with beige. I had a hard time picking out something to go with the rest, finally I settled on the dp  with the twinkling stars, added three beige brads, stamped the sentiment with onyx black versafine and punched with a SU small oval punch. I think it turned out kind of blah, I guess it was my color choices. Thanks for stopping by, and would love to hear your comments.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card using that adorable set, Judy. I love the little scene you've created :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Judy, how marvelous!!!! Love the scene you've created...on your card that is!!! LOL!! Thanks again for joining us for the Clearly Inspired Challenge.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card Judy, I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Comments brighten my day.